Helping Students Further Their Education
2024 Character Scholarships
Scholarships Open: February 6, 2024 at 1:30 p.m.
Deadline to Apply: March 8, 2024 at 6 p.m.
Each year, the Frenship Foundation for Leadership awards Frenship High School and Reese Education Center students with Character Scholarships. Students are often awarded financially through scholarships for athletic skills, test scores and grade point averages. However, the Foundation chooses to recognize students who exemplify exceptional character, leadership, and service to others.
In the spring of 2004, the Frenship Foundation organized an annual golf tournament—The Drive for Leaders—as a major fundraiser for the student scholarship program. Since the inception of these scholarships, Frenship graduates have been granted nearly $900,000.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE APPLICATION: Students must use the online application to apply for the Character Scholarship. Please read the instructions for each task thoroughly. Students will not be able to submit the application unless all six tasks are complete.
- Task 1 – Applicant Information
- Task 2 – Service and Character Involvement Lists
- Task 3 – Leadership and Character Short Essays
- Task 4 – FHS Teacher Recommendation: Students will need to submit an email address for the teacher/coach. The teacher/coach will then receive an email with an online recommendation form to fill out. Students will not be able to submit their application until the recommendation form is completed. Students should give their teacher/coach advanced notice to allow the teacher/coach enough time to submit the recommendation form before the deadline.
- Task 5 – Outside Recommendation: Students will need to submit an email address for their outside recommendation (an individual outside of Frenship High School). This person will then receive an email and online recommendation form to fill out. Students will not be able to submit their application until the recommendation form is completed. Students should give their outside recommender advanced notice to allow them enough time to submit the recommendation form before the deadline.
- Task 6 – GPA